Are you getting the BF4 Kicked by PunkBuster error? With Steam taking on some sales for both Battlefield 3 and 4, many fans have been left disappointed with the features and performance (as well as support) from the developers.
But for many players who have taken the opportunity to collect their titles on the Steam platform, frustration is high, as Punkbuster regularly kicks players about 30 seconds into a match.
Although the reviews on Steam have included feedback from frustrated fans who just wanted to play their favourite title, fortunately, there is a quick fix for this problem. This is due to the fact that PunkBuster isn’t packaged correctly in Battlefield titles. In this guide, we take a look at how you can fix BF4 kicked by PunkBuster bug fast, and easily
What is the cause of the BF4 Kicked by PunkBuster error on Windows?
There aren’t many reasons for this particular problem, but those that have been confirmed by others can be solved by relatively simple methods. Be sure to check out the list of causes we’ve prepared below!
PunkBuster is not working – the recommended solution to this problem is to reinstall PunkBuster and update to the latest version. Malfunctioning software is one of the most common causes, and many users have benefited from uninstalling the current version and installing the latest version.
The PunkBuster service is not working properly – The PunkBuster service should run continuously and should reopen as soon as it is closed. This can be set in the properties of the service and is an easy fix.
Windows Defender Firewall – The program may be blocked by the Windows Defender firewall and we recommend that you make an exception for the executable!
How do I fix the BF4 Kicked by PunkBuster error on Windows?
If you’re playing on Steam:
If you don’t have access to multiplayer, there are a few things you can try:
We’ve released an update for Steam that will help you solve this problem. If you haven’t run the Steam app for a while, you may not have it yet. Here’s how to update it:
- Leave Battlefield 4 if you get it to work.
- Turn Steam off completely.
- Restart Steam and let it update.
- Try Battlefield 4 again.
- If you’re still having problems here, try fixing Battlefield 4 via Steam.
Install PunkBuster Manually
If you’ve tried the solution above and still can’t connect to multiplayer, try downloading Punkbuster and installing it manually.
If you’re playing on Origin:
Punkbuster is either out of date or not installed
- Go to the Battlefield 4 installation folder (by default C: Program Files (x86)Origin GamesBattlefield 4).
- Open the _Install folder.
- In this folder, open the Punkbuster folder.
- Open the redist folder.
- Find pbsvc.exe and run it to update or repair Punkbuster.
If you don’t currently have these folders:
- Download PunkBuster directly from Even Balance.
- Select the version for all Windows games.
- Open the downloaded file and run pbsetup.exe.
- Accept the EULA.
- Follow the instructions on how to update PunkBuster.
- Click the Add Game button.
- Select Battlefield 4 from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add Game button.
- Finally, click Check for Updates before attempting to restart Battlefield 4.
Manually reinstalling Punkbuster this way will also work if you are kicked out of the game with this error: PunkBuster kicked the ass of the player “your name” (for 0 minutes). RESTRICTION: Service failure: PnkBstrA.exe.
Conclusion on BF4 Kicked by PunkBuster
Although this issue is somewhat tedious, we hope that one of the above has fixed this for you. The PunkBuster issue can be quite fun to deal with, however, please let us know if you were able to be helped by this!
Let us know in the comments your thoughts on this issue! Need more help with Battlefield issues? Take a look at our Battlefield Category!