The Xbox Error 0x80073d13 on Xbox Game Pass is a common issue with the Xbox Game Pass. This issue is quite common in many PC players however the true cause is unknown. The main problem, however, is an error that occurs when installing games in the Xbox Game Pass app for PCs. The problem occurs when the download freezes and the experience is interrupted by an error message.
In today’s guide, we take a look at what the causes of 0x80073d13 are, and how you can fix them fast with our TechSplat guide. Be sure to take a look through all of the guides, to make sure your issue gets fixed permanently!
What are the Main Causes of the Xbox Game Pass Error Code 0x80073d13?
We have had this issue a few times ourselves, but from research to other users who are getting this issue, the main causes of the 0x80073d13 Xbox game pass error are;
Different Selection Size.
Disk Format is Different.
Not Enough Disk Space.
How to Troubleshoot the Xbox Game Pass Error code 0x80073d13
Resetting the Microsoft Store to Fix 0x80073d13
Resetting the Microsoft store can be an easy way to fix this issue, as you are fixing the installation and download issues directly from the Store. To do this, complete the following steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type WSReset.exe.
- Press the Enter key.
- Wait for the reset process to complete and try again.
Formatting the Disk to Fix 0x80073d13
Although this is quite a significant fix, we’re fairly sure this will fix your issue. You can try formatting your computer’s hard drive in Windows 10. But make sure you have taken a full backup of the drive BEFORE you format the disk, as you may lose your data and make it irreversable. Once backed up, complete the following steps.
- Navigate to your local drive.
- Instead of opening it, right-click on the name to open the drop-down menu.
- Select the format.
- Under File System, change the value to NTFS. The allocation size should be 4096 bytes.
- Now click on the Start button.
Make Default Drive to C:
- On your Windows computer, click the Start button.
- Go to Storage Settings.
- Find the Advanced Storage Settings section.
- Click Change where new content is stored.
- Find the section New applications are stored in.
- Select the local C drive.
- Click OK.
Reinstall Xbox App to Fix 0x80073d13
- To reinstall the app, you must first uninstall it.
- Start the Start button.
- Go to “Applications and Features.”
- Find the Xbox Beta app and open it with a single click.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- In the search box, type Xbox or click here.
- Install the app and see if the error persists.
In conclusion, the 0x80073d13 Xbox game pass error that you’ve received can be a tough and challenging error to fix. Regardless, we hope that something in this guide has helped you fix the 0x80073d13 error message, and if it did – let us know in the comments below!
If you are still having problems, you can also contact Microsoft support (or the game develoepr directly) to assist further with your issue!
Be sure to check out our other Xbox troubleshooting guides here on TechSplat, and let us know if you’ve got an error or issue you want to cover!