Have you had the error 0x87dd0004 on your Xbox? Don’t worry, TechSplat can help you get rid of this error so you can get back to playing your favourite games.
When you get the error code 0x87DD0004, it usually occurs when you download new content to your Xbox One, and the specific error message is as follows:
“We were unable to sign you in. Try again in a few minutes or check the service status in Xbox Assist. (0x87DD0004).”
If the problem is limited to the problem code, it may not be serious. But if you get Xbox 0x87DDD0004, you won’t be able to play a game that requires an active connection to Xbox Live. Today, TechSplat helps you fix the 0x87dd0004 error code once and for all!
What causes Xbox error code 0x87dd0004?
After a bit of investigation, we have found several Xbox related issues that you may have experienced. Here are just some of the reasons you may experience the 0x87dd0004 error. These include;
- Network issue
- Firmware problem
- Xbox Server Problem
How to Repair the Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0004
Check the Status of Xbox Live Services
Checking your connection to Xbox Live and the status of Xbox Live may be a simple fix for you. In some cases, Xbox have issues with their connections to you, and therefore you may need to wait for the services to be restored. (Usually within an hour).
- Check the status of “Xbox Live” online.
- If all services are working fine, move on to the next solution.
- If any of the services are experiencing problems, the problem is server-related and should be fixed by Microsoft soon. This is usually done within an hour or two, Microsoft work very quickly.
Restart your Modem or Router to Fix 0x87dd0004
As we mentioend at the start, several times out of ten, the modem/router can be a problem when trying to install a game and getting this error. This error can be resolved quite quickly by restarting your modem or router. To do this, complete the following steps as below.
- Press the power button on the modem/router to turn it off.
- Now, wait at least 30 seconds.
- Press the power button again to start the router/modem.
- After starting the router, check to see if the problem persists.
Re-Download the Content to Fix 0x87dd0004
In most cases, the error code you’re getting is often refered to as the “content download error” on Xbox. Although there are several issues that can cause the error, simply re-downloading the content on your Xbox can often fix this. To do so, complete the following steps.
- Go to “My Games” and then “Applications“.
- Select “Queue” and highlight the game or app that caused the error.
- Check the status of the game/application. If it is pending or suspended, click the menu button and select Continue Installation.
- Then check to see if the problem has been resolved. If not – continue to the next step.
Restart Your Console to Fix 0x87dd0004
Something that you may want to try, just in case that you haven’t already – restarting the Xbox can be a fast and easy way to fix your isssue. It’s a very simple solution, however some people never turn their Xbox off! To do this, simply;
- Press and hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds.
- After turning off the console, unplug it from the power outlet.
- Leave the console unplugged for a minute or two.
- Now plug the console into an outlet and reboot it.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
This may help fix your issue, but if not – you may need to contact Microsoft/Xbox for a more dedicated guide/help.
In conclusion, the 0x87dd0004 error is quite an annoying one to fix when you just want to play your favourite games. No matter what, we hope that the above fixes has helped you to resolve the 0x87dd0004 issue.
As always, you can take a look at our other Xbox related content here, just in case you have anymore issues! If not, be sure to contact Microsoft / Xbox support, which can be done here who will be able to give you direct support should all else fail.