Getting 0x80bd0009? Are you having an issue (0x80bd0009) with Dolby Atmos Audio in Xbox One? Quite a lot of Xbox users claim to have encountered a Dolby Atmos error code 0x80bd0009 when trying to set up Dolby Atmos through Xbox One or when trying to enable Dolby Atmos for headphones.
Rest assured we feel your pain, and this is why here at TechSplat, we’ve written up a guide to help you get your Dolby Atmos audio setup once and for all, and working fast and effectively – let’s jump straight in!
What Causes Error 0x80bd0009 on Xbox One
We researched this particular error by looking at various user reviews and trying different repair strategies recommended by other users who have successfully fixed the error code 0x80bd0009 on Xbox One. There are really only two major causes to error 0x80bd0009, and they are;
Xbox Firmware Error
Incorrect Automatic Settings
How to Fix Error 0x80bd0009 in Xbox One
Dolby Atmos Headphones
- First, you need to go to settings;
- Then on Xbox One, select Display and Sound > Audio Out and change the headphone format to Dolby Atmos for headphones.
- Next, you will be prompted to install the Dolby Access app.
- Once the installation process is complete, please note that it is very important to select ‘With my headphones’ in the menu.
- Now you are all set if you have an LS20, but if you have an LS30/40, you need to go to the next step.
- Then select the Use HDMI or optical headphones option.
- If you are using the LS40, you need to press the EQ button until “Stereo” appears.
Troubleshooting Audio Problems with the A/V Receiver
- First, you need to make sure that you turn on your devices in the following order.
- Also, note that you need to wait for each device to fully load before moving on to the next device: TV > A/V receiver > Xbox One console.
- You will now need to press the “Input” button on the TV remote to change the input source of your receiver from the Xbox One console and back (HDMI1 to HDMI2, then back to HDMI1).
- After that, you will need to reboot your A/V receiver.
- Then, set up the TV to HDMI connection.
Check the TV and HDMI connection
- First, you need to press the Xbox button to open the manual.
- Then you need to select System > Settings > Display and Sound > Video Out.
- Now you need to select Video, Fidelity, and Overscan.
- Finally, select HDMI, which is under Display.
Conclusion on 0x80bd0009
We understand that the error code 0x80bd0009 can be a big problem when you’re just trying to play around with your Dolby Atmos reciever. We hope that one of these fixes has helped you resolve your issue, and if it did – let us know in the comments!
Be sure to check out our other Xbox troubleshooting guides should you have any other Xbox issues for the best guides and tutorials. If you need to contact Xbox, you can do so by going to Xbox’s website!