Are you wanting to make a full backup of your Windows 11 PC quickly? Backing up your Windows is a very important procedure, if you do not do it, you run the risk of losing all your files and documents on your PC, it is also the best way to protect your system settings before you try to change anything that might endanger how your pc runs, also if you think your pc has suffered from a malware attack, you can always go back to your safe point when your pc was running smoothly.
How to Make a Full Backup of your Windows 11 PC
To make a full backup of your Windows 11 PC, follow the below steps to make sure you get it right first time!
- Open Start. (Press the “Windows Key”, or press the Windows Icon in the bottom corner).
- Search for Control Panel and click the top result to open the app.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click the File History setting.
- Click the System Image Backup option from the bottom-left corner.
- Click the Create a system image option from the left navigation pane.
- Select the On a hard disk option.
- Use the “On a hard disk” drop-down menu and select the Windows 11 full backup destination.
- Click the Next button.
- (Optional) Select any additional drive to include in the backup.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Start backup button.
- Click the No button.
- Click the Close button.
Once you have done all this you will have succeeded in creating a backup of your entire system, if you do not have enough space to store the backup on your hard drives you can instead choose to put the restore point on a USB drive or any external hard drive you own.
Why you want to take a backup of your Windows 11 PC
A lot of people cherish their PCs and mobile devices and feel safe when uploading pictures that will be looked back on in the future. Although PCs and laptops as well as phones are mostly optimized and are made to last a while, driver corruption, complete hardware malfunctions and devices being stolen or damaged can make for a very upsetting story when you only have your pictures, documents and videos saved to one place – your PC.
Taking regular backups of your device and storing them on the cloud, or another PC or device will limit your risk, meaning that if one device fails and breaks, then you’ll have more and more chance of recovering those documents, or pictures if you ever want to look back on them. There are some automated tools that we recommend that will help you with this kind of issue.
To take a backup of Windows 11, it is quite simple but may often be a little tricky to figure out. Throughout this article, you may have seen notes to install backup software, that we highly recommend! Be sure to check out the best backup software to see if there is an easier way to keep your data safe.