Are you getting the Video card error in Sims 4? Trying to play but getting this annoying error message can the most annoying message to get when trying to play your favourite game. The true error message is:
“The Sims 4 cannot be run with the video card in this system. Please check that your video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are installed.”
Don’t worry, here at TechSplat, we have you covered! Let’s take a look at how to fix this error!
What’s the reason for the Video Card error in Sims 4?
After receiving several reports from users, we started investigating on our site and found all the causes of this problem. Here are some of them:
- The computer goes into an error state
- Video card drivers
- In-game Origin
- The Sims 4 is outdated
- System Requirements
- Windowed mode
- Windows Update
How to Troubleshoot the Video Card Error in Sims 4
Launch Sims 4 in compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Sims 4 shortcut or .exe file and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the option Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Then select Windows 8 from the Operating System drop-down menu.
- Select the Apply option to save your settings.
- Click OK to close the window.
Use the Repair option in Origin to Fix Video Card Error in Sims
- Open the Origin game client program.
- Then click on My Games.
- Right-click on Sims 4 to open the context menu.
- Then select Recover Game from the popup menu.
Launch Sims 4 in Windowed Mode
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut for Sims 4 and select Properties. If you don’t have a shortcut for the game, add it to your desktop.
- Add -w to the end of the destination path field as shown below. You can also add the -window button to the end of this path.
- Then click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Click on the Sims 4 shortcut to start the game.
You can also right-click on Sims 4 in Origin and select Game Properties. Then type -w in the Command Line Arguments field in the Advanced Launch Options tab and click Save.
Disable Origin in the Game : To fix Video Card Error in Sims
- Open the Origin window.
- Click the My Games Library option.
- Then right-click on the Sims 4 game and select Properties.
- Uncheck Enable in-game Origin for Sims 4 on the General tab.
All in all, we hope that one of these fixes has fixed your issue, however, if not – you may have a further underlying issue. This issue may be down to your graphics card (GPU) or maybe an issue with Sims.
Reinstalling Sims may help resolve this, but failing that it might be worth contacting Origin about this issue! Let us know in the comments if this was helpful, and let us know if this worked for you!