Sometimes there are compatibility issues or some other problems that cause you to encounter the 0x87de2712 Xbox one error. This error can be tedious however we can help you get rid of this error with a few troubleshooting steps! Let’s jump into how TechSplat can help you!
What Causes Error 0x87de2712 in Xbox One
After careful analysis of the events that take place, and troubleshooting this, in general, has allowed us to shorten the list down to just a few possible issues within the Xbox platform.. It turns out that several situations can cause error 0x87de2712.
Incorrect alternate address
Xbox Live Server Problems
How to Solve Error 0x87de2712 in Xbox One
Remove the Alternate MAC Address
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- From the Guide menu, select Settings -> All Settings.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the left pane, select Network, and then select Network Settings.
- From the Network menu, select Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to the Alternate MAC Address option and select it.
- From the menu, select Alternate Line MAC Address and click Delete.
- Select the Restart button to apply the changes.
- After restarting, check the Xbox One error 0x87de2712 has been resolved.
Check the Status of the Xbox Live Server
- If you are using digital media. In other words, if you don’t have access to the game disc or if it’s a multiplayer game that requires Internet access, you may see errors if the Xbox Live server is experiencing problems.
- The Xbox Live server may be down due to scheduled maintenance or a hardware failure.
- Microsoft will notify users on the Xbox Live status page of service interruptions.
- Visit the Xbox Live status page to see if there are any problems with the Xbox service.
- Under Games and Apps, look for apps that are listed as problematic and out of service.
- If they are detected, there is not much you can do. Microsoft will fix the problem and change the status when the problem is resolved.
Performing a Reboot to Fix 0x87de2712
- Press and hold the Power/Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the indicators on the front panel stop flashing.
- Leave the console off for a few minutes.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the console, including the power cord.
- After a few minutes, reconnect the power cord and other cables.
- Turn on the Xbox console by pressing the power button.
- After restarting, run the game and see if the problem is fixed.
Changing the Network Mode
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide menu.
- In the menu, go to Settings -> System.
- Select Settings, and then select Network.
- From the Network menu, open Network Settings.
- Scroll to the Go offline section.
- This will put your console in offline mode.
- Restart your console to apply the changes.
- Restart and try again.
While some games require the Internet to complete the sync, most games are designed to run in offline mode. When you put your Xbox into offline mode, games temporarily suspend all processes that require Internet access and allow you to play.
In conclusion, the Xbox issue 0x87de2712 is one that can be hard to resolve, but hopefully, this will be helped by our guide. Be sure to let us know down in the comments if you have resolved this issue!
You can also search through our Xbox troubleshooting guides here, or take a look through our site! If you are unable to fix this, it may be a hardware issue which you will need to speak to Xbox (Microsoft) about it!